We don’t love very many vegetables in our family, but this is one recipe that everyone loves. It is another Cooking Light recipe that I have been using since it was in the magazine in July 1999.
- 1 1/4 pounds green or wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine all ingredients in a jelly-roll pan, tossing well. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until beans are tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!