I saw this recipe for Peach Napoleons with Sugared Wonton Wrappers on Taste and Tell. Deborah always has great recipes, but I was really impressed with this one because it can be made so quickly with relatively few calories.I substituted strawberries for the peaches and used Light Cool Whip to keep the calories down. I forgot the powdered sugar, which would have made for a better presentation, but it was a big hit with the family. I will definitely make this again, hopefully I’ll get some great peaches before their gone.
- cooking spray
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh prepared sweetened whipped cream
- 2 fresh peaches, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a large cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay the wonton wrappers on the prepared sheet in a single layer. Lightly spray the tops with cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar evenly over the wrappers.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- To arrange, place four of the wonton wrappers on a serving plate or on individual dessert dishes. Top each wonton with 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream, followed by 1/4 of a peach. Top with a second wonton wrapper. Repeat layer with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and 1/4 of a peach. (For a total of half a peach for each dessert.) Top with the remaining wonton wrappers.
- Sift powdered sugar over the tops and serve.
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!