I haven’t been blogging too much lately because my beautiful daughter got married! The wedding day could not have gone better. My daughter was so happy and our new son-in-law is great.
After their honeymoon they came over to our house to open presents and I wanted to make something fun for dessert with the leftover personalized M&Ms from the wedding.I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. I chose it because you don’t cook the M&Ms and I didn’t want the colors to run. It was delicious. I love anything with caramel in it, but the addition of chocolate chips and the oatmeal cookie base was wonderful! I omitted the nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain M&M's
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats.Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels and water; stir until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the chips, nuts and M&M's. Gently press into the caramel mixture.
- Melt white chocolate; drizzle over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes or until coating is set. Cut into bars.
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!