We love pancakes at our house. So in honor of Halloween I decided to try pumpkin pancakes. I searched the web for a great recipe and found one at Taste of Home that was lower in fat. I merged that with my favorite whole wheat pancake recipe and they were a big hit. Next time I think I’ll try adding diced apple to the recipe.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg yolks and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in egg whites. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!