- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 15 oz can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 1 c. shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken sausage and salt; cook until cooked through.
- Process tomatoes into a food processor until nearly smooth. Add to skillet along with fresh basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Cook rigatoni according to packaging directions. Drain and transfer to sauce. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!