- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 15 oz can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 1 c. shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken sausage and salt; cook until cooked through.
- Process tomatoes into a food processor until nearly smooth. Add to skillet along with fresh basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Cook rigatoni according to packaging directions. Drain and transfer to sauce. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!