- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- a bag of cinnamon chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Add in cinnamon chips.
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into round balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Don't overbake. Let cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Cookies
I hope to be making more cookies from Martha’s Cookie book this year. When I bought it we talked about making a cookie a week to try them all. I may have to try for a cookie a month. I wonder how long that would take to try them all?
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!