I’ve been MIA the last few days because I’ve been spending every spare minute working obsessively on my blog redesign! I’ve wanted to update it for a long time and when Amanda posted a link on the Food Bloggers Discussion Group to some great blogger templates, I decided to pick one and just go for it.I hope you like it!
I did make time to have my daughter and son-in-law over for dinner the other night and decided to try Our Best Bites’ Southwest Chipotle Burgers with a Chipotle-Lime Mayo. I’ve seen so many great burger posts over the summer and knew a juicy burger with a southwest kick would make everyone happy.
Sara suggested making your own hamburger buns and Frieda had posted great instructions on making rosette hamburger buns on Lovin’ from the Oven that I had been wanting. So I made homemade hamburger buns for the first time! I used the ABin5 buttermilk bread recipe that Zoe recommended for buns. I used four ounces of dough and they were the perfect size for a burger, tender and delicious, yet sturdy.
This is an easy, delicious burger recipe. It was a fun way to kick the burger up a notch. I’ve been asked to make them again soon!
- 1 1/2 lb ground chuck or ground sirloin
- 1-1/2 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 T adobo sauce (from the chipotle chili can)
- 1/4 C grated onion
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 4-6 good quality buns
- 1 tomato
- 1-2 avocado
- Optional: jack, cotija, or queso fresco cheese
- 1/2 C Mayo
- 2 t lime juice
- 1 1/2 t adobo sauce (from the canned chipotle chilis)
- 2T chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauce: Combine mayo, adobo sauce, lime juice and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Sauce can made sauce to a day ahead of time.
- Crumble beef gently with your fingers into a bowl. Add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, grated onion, garlic powder, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper. Don't over-work, just mix it enough to distribute the ingredients. Divide into 4 patties (or 6 little ones) and place on a preheated grill, indoor grill pan, or skillet.
- If desired, top with cheese, during the last few minutes of grilling. When the burgers are done to your liking let them stand for 5 minutes off the grill/pan.
- Toast buns then spread chipotle-lime sauce generously on each side of each bun. Add burger and top with tomato slices, avocado slices, and a crisp piece of lettuce.
Recipe by Our Best Bites
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!