I substituted cubed chicken breasts and made the long marinade recipe. We didn’t love the marinade. I think it may be the turmeric in the marinade that we didn’t like. One day I’ll try it again with the faster marinade recipe because we loved the peanut sauce. Thanks Cuppy!
Jill at Jillicious Desserts, a very talented pastry chef and fellow Daring Baker, recently honored me with an award. Jill has an online bake shop and you really need to visit her site to see all of her amazingly beautiful creations.
This award came with some fun instructions:
1. Post the award on your blog. Present this award to seven others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
2. Tell those seven people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP, inform them of these guidelines, and ask that they link back to you.
3. Share TEN HONEST THINGS about yourself.
I also was honored to received the Happy 101 award from Nicole at Prevention RD and Sarah at Maison Cupcake. Nicole’s a Registered Dietitian and her blog is filled with great recipes and tips on eating better. Sarah is a Twitter buddies who lives in the UK. Her blog is filled with wonderful recipes served up with a side of humor.
The rules of the award are:
1. Copy the award image into a post.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Tag ten bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Put in a link to their blogs.
5. Notify the award receivers.
6. Recipients to link back to the sender’s blog.
So I’m going to combined the awards and list 10 things that honestly make me happy – in no particular order.
1. My kids
2. My husband
4. Scuba diving
5. Baking something yummy
6. Eating something yummy
7. Bright sunny warm days
8. Long walks on the beach
9. Sweet comments on my blog
10. Sleeping in my own bed after a long trip
I’m going to pass both awards on to some wonderful new friends and fellow food bloggers. Be sure and stop by their blogs and check out their delicious recipes:
1. Krista, The Double Dipped LIfe
2. QIS, Baking Temptations
3. Renee, Flamingo Musings
4. Chris, Mele Cotte
5. Lauren, Celiac Teen
6. Paula, Dragon’s Kitchen
7. France, The Scorpio Woman
8. Joyce, Flour Power
9. Mimi, Mimi’s Kitchen
10. Jessica, How Sweet It Is
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!