Last night I made my favorite quick and easy, grab something at Sam’s Club on the way home, meal. I’m amazed I haven’t posted the recipe on my blog before now, because I seem to make it about once a month. My family loves it and it’s ready within a few minutes after the water comes to a boil.
I found the recipe in Everyday Foods in 2003 and I’ve been making it ever since. I changed it up a little because we love garlic, so I replace the chives with garlic. I sometimes add fresh or dried basil along with the parsley. I also use more pasta than the original recipe. I buy the double package of ravioli at Sam’s Club and that makes just about the right amount for my family of five.
Right now I have fresh parsley in my garden. If I don’t have fresh parsley, I substitute dried. I always serve it with a sprinkle of Italian cheese on top. And of course I had to serve it in my pretty new shell bowl I picked up at Laguna Beach last week. We had a wonderful family vacation at Newport Coast, California. I put some pictures online if you’re interested in checking them out.
Give this one a try the next time you need a simple, but really delicious meal.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 32 ounces fresh cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In small saucepan, heat oil over low heat for 3 minutes. Add red pepper, garlic and cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain, and return to the warm pot. Gently toss ravioli with flavored oil, parsley, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
adapted from Everyday Food
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!