This month’s Burger Club is a Free-For-All. We were to dust off our favorite burger recipes and include them in a round up of Burger Club favorites. I knew immediately what burger I wanted to add to the roundup. Last year I made Southwest Chipotle Burgers and I’ve been meaning to make them again ever since.
I love the combination of cool and creamy and hot and spicy in this burger. This time around I changed it up and used little sourdough rolls from Winco and made mile high sliders. Be sure and have lots of napkins handy for this one. It’s definitely a juicy, delicious, messy burger. Definitely a four star burger.
- 1 1/2 lb ground chuck or ground sirloin
- 1-1/2 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 T adobo sauce (from the chipotle chili can)
- 1/4 C grated onion
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/2 C Mayo
- 2 t lime juice
- 1 1/2 t adobo sauce (from the canned chipotle chilis)
- 2T chopped fresh cilantro
- 4-6 good quality buns
- 1 tomato
- 1-2 avocado
- Optional: jack, cotija, or queso fresco cheese
- Sauce: Combine mayo, adobo sauce, lime juice and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Sauce can made sauce to a day ahead of time.
- Crumble beef gently with your fingers into a bowl. Add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, grated onion, garlic powder, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper. Don't over-work, just mix it enough to distribute the ingredients. Divide into 4 patties (or 6 little ones) and place on a preheated grill, indoor grill pan, or skillet.
- If desired, top with cheese, during the last few minutes of grilling. When the burgers are done to your liking let them stand for 5 minutes off the grill/pan.
- Toast buns then spread chipotle-lime sauce generously on each side of each bun. Add burger and top with tomato slices, avocado slices, and a crisp piece of lettuce.
Recipe by Our Best Bites
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!