12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies Favorites: Orange Cranberry Rugelach, World Peace and Lime Meltaways

This is Week 10 of our 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies posts and I haven’t been able to bake this week, so I decided to just post three of my favorite cookies from last year.

It’s Hanukkah right now and it would be the perfect time to bake these fabulous Orange Cranberry Rugelach cookies that I made last year. I used Dorie’s rugelach recipe, Dorie Greenspan’s Rugelach Secrets, but flavored it with orange and cranberries. I loved these flaky, sweet and tart little treats.

Another of my favorite cookies from last year is the World Peace cookie. It is a chocolate shortbread cookie but a little bit chewy because of the brown sugar in them. If you’re a chocolate lover you need to make these.

Martha Stewart’s Lime Meltaways really do melt in your mouth. They have a crunchy/sandy texture and sweet/tart taste that I love. A great addition to a Christmas Cookie tray.

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, love and sweet thoughts you’ve been sending the past week. Mom’s service was yesterday and everything smoothly. It was beautiful; just the way she planned it. I am so fortunate to have such a great family and wonderful friends. Thank you all.

This post is part of a 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies blog hog. Be sure and check out all of the fabulous cookies the other 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies bakers baked up this week.

Comments

I read at the bottom of your post that your mom had a “service”? I must have missed something but I’m sorry to read that your mom has passed.
    ~ingrid

I (and my kids) adore rugelah and when I discovered them years ago thanks to Rose Beranbaum of cake bible fame, I was an instant convert; I am going to need to take a closer look at these orange cranberry ones: yummmy!!!!

Woo hoo great cookies! I LOVE rugelach and love your very holiday flavors. I mean orange and cranberry in rugelach? Brilliant! And ooh those chewy chocolate Peace Cookies are fabulous! I think I got cookies to bake!

What a great change-up for the rugelah! Much as I love the cinnamon, walnuts and raisins, you can’t beat orange and cranberries for the season.
    Also, meltaways have always been a favorite around here.

I’ve been collecting all your cookie recipes Barbara and I can’t believe how many awesome recipes I’ve got already, some I haven’t seen before. Love these additions too, the lime ones, I think are tempting (or should I say temptingest)

Great choices! I love the World Peace cookies as well. I’ve made mine with white chocolate too, for a twist. I’ll have to try the lime meltaways; that’s one I haven’t tried yet! (((hugs)))

I can see why these are three of your favorites! I especially want to try the World Peace cookies.
    I’m glad your mother’s service went beautifully, Barbara.

I discovered Rugelach cookies 2 years ago and have fallen in love with them since. I can’t wait to make a batch of them very soon. I’ll have to come back to get your recipes and blend them with mine.
    Thanks Barbara…these selections put me in a very festive mood ;o)

Ciao for now,
    Claudia

What a great selection of holiday cookies. I’ve tried the lime meltaways before and also thought they were delicious. But, I guess now I need to try your world peace cookies too because they’re definitely calling my name.

I’m so glad that the service for your mother went as she had planned. I love your cookies choices. Rugelach were such a special treat when we were growing up. My mom had a patient (she was an RN) who would bring us a beautiful box of them each holiday season. Try as we would our version never tasted as good as those we received as a gift.
    Mimi

I love, love, Love Rugelach! But I’ve never made them so I really need to change that. The cranberries sound ideal, now I need to write the ingredients on my grocery list.