Mint Chocolate Chip Pie for St. Patrick’s Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Hopefully, you’re wearing green. (I may or may not have sent my boys to school with no green on last year because I forgot.) And hopefully you have something delicious and green ready for dessert. If not, here’s the perfect recipe for you to whip up at the last minute.

Stop by the grocery store on your way home and buy some Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I love Dryer’s, but buy your favorite,  just make sure it’s green.  Also pick up one of those pre-made Oreo crusts. If you want to decorate it, also buy some whipping cream, canned or regular.

By the time you get home from the grocery store your ice cream will have softened up a little bit. Dump all the ice cream into a large bowl and stir it until it’s a soft serve consistency and you can easily spread it into the Oreo crust. Pop it into the freezer to firm up while you eat dinner.

Decorate with whipped cream, grated chocolate and green sprinkles as desired. A drizzle of chocolate syrup wouldn’t hurt either.

Enjoy!

This post is linked up with the Decidedly Healthy or Horridly Decadent hop

Comments

I love this idea! I’m definitely making it next time I need an easy dessert. It looks impressive, but easy! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

My oh my is this ever the perfect pie for St. Patrick’s Day! And mint and chocolate are fantastic together. Just ask any green-clad Girl Scout! Great pie, Barbara!

Hi barbara!!! I have been out of food blogging for a bit and so I know I am way behind on this–but I love the look of your blog now. You’re awesome!!

Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite so I would love this pie. How easy can you get. Could I feature this, on my blog?

I have what you call QED’s. Quick, Easy and Delicious. I think this fulfills all the qualifications. Check it out and let me know.

Thanks fors sharing. I absolutely love chocolate chip mint. I know what will happen when I make this. I’ll eat the whole darn thing and want to make another!

My daughter would love this. Her favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. Unfortunately, she’ll be home alone tonight for a few hours. I think I’ll buy her the stuff to make this. Kudo’s my friend, you just made one little girl’s St. Patty’s Day a little brighter! Maybe I’ll even leave her my camera. ;)

This ice cream pie is perfect! I’m going to whip it up this afternoon, so we can enjoy tonight! Thank you SO much for sharing this recipe – it’s EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Barabara…honestly, this is one of the prettiest green treats I’ve seen amongst so many pies I have seen in a while. Brava.

Have a festive day my friend,
    Claudia