Top 10 Favorite Recipes for 2011

At the start of a new year it’s fun to take a look back at the things you’ve accomplished, the new friends you’ve made and if you’re a food blogger, your favorite recipes of the past year. These are my top 10 favorite recipes in 2011.

Let’s start with dessert first!

Lemon Bar Cookie Cups – This year I fell in love with the cookie cup. Not only were they one of my favorite recipes, they were also in my reader’s 10 top too.

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookie Cups – if you’re a peanut butter and chocolate lover, this cookie’s for you.

Chewy Caramel Stuffed Sugar Cookies – these were my daughter and son-in-law’s favorite cookie this year. They liked them so much they gave them away as gifts.

Tropical Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting – a fun twist on carrot cake. It’s the best carrot cake I’ve ever eaten. I’m planning on creating a bundt cake version for 2012.

Favorite Main Dishes

Light Creamy Pesto Ravioli – a quick, delicious, and easy week-night meal.

Queso Bacon Burgers with Avocado Salsa – a burger really doesn’t get much “awesomer” than this.

Creamy Cashew Chicken Puffs (Vols-au-Vents) – this prizing winning recipe is an elegant dinner that looks difficult to make, but it’s simple and oh so delicious!

Start the day off right

Coconut Cherry Granola – my favorite granola flavor. If you haven’t made granola at home yet, what are you waiting for.

Baked Cherry French Toast – another prize winning recipe this year. Switch it up with whatever fruit is in season.

Citrus Cranberry Cream Cheese Danish Braid – filled with cream cheese and cranberries, sprinkled with citrus sugar to create a light sugar crust, and drizzled with a tart lemon glaze. Looks elegant and complicated, but it actually easy to make.

Thanks for taking a stroll down memory lane with me. I also want to thank you for taking the time to visit Barbara Bakes in 2011 and sharing your comments with me. I cherish my readers and their sweet comments, questions and suggestions. Wishing all of you a fabulous new year filled with all your favorite things.

More end of year favorites posts you’ll enjoy:

The Best of Picky Palate Recipes 2011, Picky Palate
Our 10 Favorite Recipes from 2011, Two Peas and Their Pod
Top 10 Recipes of 2011, Mountain Mama Cooks
My Favorite Recipes of 2011, Completely Delicious
Top 10 Posts of 2011, Megan’s Cookin

Comments

Happy New Year Barbarba! Great collection of recipes. I’ve been wanting to make that danish braid since you posted it, but I know I’d put a huge dent in it if I don’t find someone to share with :)

Oh my! I don’t know how you chose from your vast arsenal, but you picked some goodies! I’m partial to the braided bread, since I KNOW it was delicious, but I think your tropical carrot cake is screaming at me to get off the diet and start baking. Okay, maybe in a month when my willpower has left the building.

Happy New Year Barbara! Thanks for sharing your favorites, as I missed some of them…and now I have the opportunity to see them…they all look delicious :-)

There isn’t a recipe here I don’t want to try desperately, but it’s like that with every recipe you’ve posted on your blog since I discovered it back in ’08. The nutella – peanut butter cups you’d probably have take away from me so others could have ‘one’ lol The Danish braid is gorgeous. Looking foward to more of your goodies in ’12!! xo

Your Danish Braid and Pesto Ravioli look yummy! I just made my first braid over the holidays and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was! Happy New Year!

Great idea to post top 10, but Barbara you make such delicious foods here I don’t know how you picked 10. I still have the Nutella PB cup recipe and plan to make it soon. Now you’ve given me some more to consider. Happy New Year!

Everything here looks delicious. Of course I had to pin the lemon bar cookie cups. I must have missed those the first time around. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Barbara! There are a few recipes on here that I remember, too. I especially liked the lemon cups….also remember that french toast and vols au vent (they all look good, though.)

Great post! I can’t till I can do a similar post next year hehe

I can’t choose! All your recipes look so good! But i think i’m tossing in between the lemon bar cookie cups and the tropical carrot cake :) I can’t wait to try one of these recipes this year!

All the best in 2012 and looking forward to your new posts!