Strawberry Lime Sherbet

Only four ingredients in this easy-to-make sherbet, so the sweetness of the strawberries really shines through. A splash of lime is the perfect tart compliment to the sweet, juicy strawberries.

I’ve got another delicious summer treat for you today. Veggie Grettie, is my Secret Recipe Club blog this month. On Veggie Grettie, Gretchen focuses on eating a plant based diet for optimal health. Whatever she bakes or cooks is gluten-free as well as vegan. There were several recipes I wanted to try, but I loved the grogeous red color of her Strawberry Lime Sorbet.

Gretchen used So Delicious Vanilla Coconut “Yogurt” which is made with coconut milk in her Strawberry Lime Sorbet. Chobani sent me a great selection of their delicious Greek yogurt to sample (I mentioned in a previous post how much I love their lemon yogurt), so I decided to use non-fat Strawberry Chobani Greek yogurt instead.

I was impatient to make this recipe, so I didn’t chill my ice cream freezer insert long enough. It didn’t set up in the ice cream maker and it wasn’t as smooth as I would have liked, but the flavor was excellent. Creamy and delicious with no fat. A perfect way to cool off this summer.

Strawberry Lime Sherbet

Strawberry Lime Sherbet

Ingredients

• 4 cups sliced strawberries
  • 3/4 cup (6 oz.) strawberry yogurt
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 2 tablespoons agave (more or less depending on the sweetness of your berries)

Directions

1. Place all of the ingredients (except the agave) into the blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Taste the mixture to determine the amount of sweetener needed and sweeten to taste.
  3. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturers directions. Once the ice cream maker has finished its cycle pour the sorbet into a container and freeze. You may want to take it out of the freezer and mix it quickly every 30 minutes for 2 hours to keep the consistency even.
  4. If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the sorbet mixture from the blender into a freezer safe container (preferrably a shallow container to expedite freezing) and take it out of the freezer to mix it every half hour until the desired consistency is achieved.
  5. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes prior to serving to soften slightly.

Notes

slightly adapted from Veggie Grettie

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Zip Recipes Plugin

Visit the Secret Recipe Club for information on how to join in the fun. Stop by Veggie Grettie for great gluten-free, vegan recipes. And be sure and check out all the great recipes the Secret Recipe Club members created this month.

Comments

Nice! I made something similar this week with strawberries, raspberry kefir, Greek yogurt, and a little honey. You are right to note to take it out to soften, at least if it’s like mine, which was soft when fresh-churned but quite hard by the next day.

Such perfect scoops! I love how little sweetener there is in this. I’ll have to save this for next summer when we go strawberry picking next. All the good strawberries are already gone for the year. I haven’t had sherbet for ages. I might just have to buy the frozen ones!

This looks so refreshing, I’d like a dish just now!
    Somehow I missed SRC this month–hopefully I’m on board for next month. We have a son getting married soon. Life is busy.

What gorgeous sherbet – the color and flavor pairing is incredible…I’m featuring this post in Food Fetish Friday (with a link-back and attribution). I hope you have no objections and it’s always a pleasure following you…

This looks wonderful! I could definitely make this for my kiddos and feel good about it – especially with this crazy heat we’ve been having!! D came home from work last night and said it got up to a miserable 106 degrees in the tunnel yesterday!! Not so bad for students, but he was in there all day (and hates the heat!). Miss you lady!

I’ve never made sherbet before, but we were never without a tub when I was growing up since mt father had to have it every week. I’m so excited to try this recipe, especially using strawberry Greek yogurt, which is a brilliant and creamier sub for the milk. Barb, it looks fantastic and the addition of lime is such a refreshing tang! Beautiful photos too..as always :)

Barbara, this sherbet is so attractive. I just want to take a bite. Strawberries are in season up here now so I’m going to make some sherbet. It’s winter so maybe I won’t want to eat heaps on a cold night. :)

I have been really wanting to make a strawberry sherbert recently, but combining it with lime is something I wouldn’t have though about. Sounds so refreshing!

This was also on my list of must tries when I had her blog. Unfortunately, I haven’t an ice cream maker…. :

Loved the spicy chicken soup. It was a great ending to a already fun day!!!!!

Adore this recipe! Easy, vibrant and overflowing with summer color and spectacular flavor. An exceptional sherbet!