Quiche Lorraine comes together in a snap in the morning using a pre-made pie crust, precooked bacon, shredded cheese and green onions.
When I asked my husband what he wanted for breakfast the next day, he said quiche. Luckily I had everything I needed on hand and didn’t need to make a trip to the store.
I made my pie crust the night before, but feel free to use a store bought crust. I almost always have Costco precooked bacon in the freezer, and I used green onions so I didn’t have to saute onions on the stove. When you use a quiche pan you don’t even have to take the time to make a pretty edge on your pie crust, so my quiche came together in minutes.
Quiche Lorraine is traditionally made with swiss cheese, but I had some Kerrygold Blarney Castle and Dubliner cheese in the fridge that I used instead. Kerrygold sent me coupons to try their cheeses and they added a rich, wonderful flavor to the quiche.
If you haven’t’ made quiche before, give it a try. It really is quick and easy.
- 1 homemade or store-bought single-crust pie dough
- 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, chopped, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425º. Press crust into a 9 in quiche pan, prick crust and bake for 15 minutes light golden, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bacon, green onions, and cheese evenly on top of precooked crust. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
More quick breakfast recipes you might like:
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!