What You’ve Been Missing On Pressure Cooking Today

Pressure-Cooking-Today-October-2013

Did you know that I also share pressure cooking recipes on Pressure Cooking Today?

If you love your slow cooker, you’ll love cooking those same meals faster and better tasting in the pressure cooker. The new electric pressure cookers are fun and easy to use.

Here’s what you’ve been missing:

Quick White Chicken Chili
Hazelnut Flan in the Pressure Cooker
Smokey Beef Brisket in the Pressure Cooker
Classic Pot Roast and Potatoes
Pork and Hominy Stew (Posole)

And so much more!

Why aren’t you pressure cooking?

Comments

I love my pressure cooker, but I have a smaller one so I really only use it to cook green beans and veggies. Maybe I will ask for an electric one for Christmas so I can make more in it. I would love to do a stew or a pot roast. These sound like great recipe…I’m always so amazed at what you can make in a pressure cooker:-).

2. Carol says

I haven’t missed a thing…….I LOVE my pressure cooker-I just need to use it more. I’m getting better at it-I need you to come over and give me a nudge in the right direction! ;)

• Carol says

I owe you a BIG thank you Barbara. Your Pressure Cooker Today blog got me back into the kitchen using my pressure cooker that was gathering dust. Your creative ingenuity adapting recipes for the pressure cooker inspired me to look at recipes differently to figure out how I can cook them quicker in my pressure cooker. I follow your lead and learn something new each time you post.

I have my eye on the same model electric pressure cooker that you have……and I might be getting one for my daughter-she’s afraid of the stove top ones…..the electric one she’d use a lot with 2 VERY active boys that she’s running to things for school/sports/Scouts. I’ll be sure to include the link to your blog in her Christmas gift. :)

3. Linda says

I’ve never used a pressure cooker. My mother didn’t have one either. And frankly, I’m pretty afraid of them! Irrational, I know, but nonetheless true because they use masses of hot, pent-up steam and are noisy when that steam is released. I understand that pressure-cooked foods are moist and wonderful…and I love moist meats. How can I screw up my courage and give pressure cooking a go…even at my advanced grandmotherly age?! :)

• says

Hi Linda! I promise the new electric pressure cookers are not scary. They have built in safety features so you can’t open the lid when there’s pressure. When you do a quick pressure release there’s steam and noise, but there are lots of recipes that use a natural release where the steam just releases slowly and it’s not noisy nor scary.

I’m a grandma too Isn’t it the best :)

Barbara, I use to have one years ago, then stop using it and gave it away. My daughter who is now married 3 years( this year, boy time flies) has one and hasn’t used it yet, but I will forward her your website so she can get your recipes and be inspired to take that slow cooker out of the box. I know I am inspired to get one now.
    Thanks again! Have a great weekend!! :)