Barbara Schieving, known online as Barbara Bakes, has over 30 years of baking experience. She began her popular cooking blog, BarbaraBakes.com, in January 2008.
Over the past five years, Barbara’s distinctive recipes and conversational style have earned her a dedicated readership across the globe. She posts new recipes every week, averages 130,000 page views a month, and is projected to receive more than a million and a half page views during 2013.
Barbara’s delicious recipes have been featured on iVillage, Betty Crocker, Shape, BlogHer, Babble, The Deseret News, and The Salt Lake Tribune.
Barbara has been a winner in several state and national cooking competitions including the Hodgson Mill Holiday Recipe Contest, Cache Valley Signature Recipe Contest, and Utah’s Own Recipe Roundup; as well as participated in several cooking competitions, including the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Holiday Bake-Off in New York City.
- Winner of the Hodgson Mill “Have a Grain Holiday” Recipe Contest. Winner recipe: Pumpkin Fantail Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Icing, February, 2013
- Winner of the Hodgson Mill “Have a Grain Holiday” Recipe Contest. Winner recipe: Citrus Cranberry Cream Cheese Danish Braid, February, 2012
- Creamy Cashew Chicken Puffs (Vols-au-Vents) $1,000 winning recipe Cache Valley® Signature Recipe Contest!
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs featured on iVillage: DIY Stadium Foods for Your Game-Day Party, and Shape: The 5 Best Bacon Dishes We’ve Ever Seen, 2012
- Roasted Vegetable Frittata recipe developed for Land O’ Lakes Eggs
- Pumpkin Crème Brûlée recipe developed for Land O’ Lake Eggs and featured on Betty Crocker, November, 2011.
- Featured on Blogher: Fudge-Filled Toffee Pecan Sandies and Taste of Home Cookbook; Samoa Macarons; Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake;
- Tomato and Zucchini Quiche featured on Yummly, September 2011
- Winner of Utah’s Own Ultimate Recipe Roundup, Round Two, July 2011
- Best Blogs Evah, Tablespoon, May 2011
- Thick, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie featured on Best Cookie Recipes/Quick Dish, May 2011
- Quick Mardi Gras King Cake recipe developed for and featured on Better Crocker, March 2011
- Baked Potato Soup featured on Babble, January 2011
- Crushed Lemon Drop Cookie recipe developed for and featured on Betty Crocker, December 2010
- Contestant I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Bake-off, November 2010
Barbara Bakes featured on: