Fork tender pressure cooker sirloin tips in gravy cooked in a pressure cooker in a fraction of the time it would take to cook in the oven or on the stove.
Here’s another great, time saving recipe that I made in my pressure cooker. It is the same idea as my Three Easy Round Steak Meals post, but made faster and easier by using my new pressure cooker. I usually make it for a Sunday dinner and serve it with mashed potatoes. Then I’ll serve it again with lots of cracked pepper over noodles with sour cream on top, and another night it makes a great beef stew.
I was really impressed with how well the pressure cooker browns the meat. The browning adds so much flavor to the gravy, so don’t skip this step and be sure and brown the meat well. Winco had Sirloin Tip Roasts on sale so I used that, you could substitute another lean beef roast or round steak.
After I’ve served it the first night, I freeze the remainder in 2 cup portions in freezer Ziplocs. I love having easy, homemade meals in the freezer ready to put together an easy meal any night of the week.
- 5 lb. Sirloin Tip Roast, cubed
- 2 - 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 2 cups cubed round steak in gravy
- 1 can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pressure cooker pot, select Browning. When oil is hot, brown the meat in small batches, do not crowd. When all the meat is browned, put browned meat, onion and beef broth in pot, cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and 15 minutes cook time. (It will take about 15 minutes to pressure up and another 20 minutes for a Natural Pressure release.)
- Mix flour and water to make a slurry to thicken the broth. Add slurry to cooked meat and broth in pressure cooker pot. Select Browning and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes until broth is thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat Sirloin Tips in Gravy in gravy, tomatoes, parsley and bay leafs until boiling over medium heat. Add diced potatoes and carrots. Simmer until potato is almost tender stirring frequently. (Add water if necessary for desired broth consistency.) Add macaroni. When the macaroni is almost done, add frozen corn. Serve when corn is heated through and potatoes and macaroni are tender. Remove bay leafs before serving.
Other pressure cooker recipes you make like:
Pressure Cooker Steel Cut Oats from Barbara Bakes
Making A Brown Beef Stock from Frieda Loves Bread
Roasted Baby Red Potatoes in 10 Minutes from Frieda Loves Bread
Beginner Basics from Hip Pressure Cooking