Sweet, moist, tender banana bread studded with creamy, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and crowned with a sweet crunchy streusel topping.
My favorite thing to make for a bake sale is mini loaves of quick breads. They’re easy to make, the little loaves bake in 30 minutes, and everyone loves them.
These little loaves are adapted from my Chunky Monkey Muffin recipe. My daughter said those muffins were kinda like crack – irresistible!
I didn’t cut a loaf to show you the inside like I usually do in my posts because these loaves are getting tucking in the freezer for a bake sale/garage sale they’re holding to raise money to help my niece’s family. Their adorable little 3-year-old daughter, Braelyn, is currently battling leukemia.
If you live in the Salt Lake area, let me know and I’ll send you the details so you can stop by and buy and loaf!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup smashed very ripe banana (about 3 small)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour. (I used four mini loaf pans - 5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/4. Don’t fill more than 2/3 full.)
- Prepare Streusel Topping: In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Add butter and mix until mixture has a sandy texture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, sugar, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until well blended. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, mix just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Top with streusel topping.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes (bake mini loaves for 30 minutes), or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.