The past month has been a really exciting one for me and I owe some terrific food bloggers lots of sincere thank yous!
First I need to thank Jamie of Mom’s Cooking Club. I was the winner of her first cookbook giveaway, The Vegetarian Family Cookbook! Jamie has a great blog and she usually ends her posts with a fun Mom’s Cooking Club Lesson tip. Thanks Jamie!
I was really excited to receive this cookbook because I am really lousy at serving my family delicious vegetable dishes. I’d much rather be baking a cake or whipping up a nice meaty lasagna. The veggies and side dishes are usually an after thought for me. One nice thing about this cookbook is it incorporates lots of healthy veggies into hearty on dish meals so I don’t even need to worry about what veggies to serve.
The first meal I made from the cookbook was Cincinnati Chili Mac. This may be familiar to many of you, but it’s a great idea that I hadn’t heard of before. Basically you serve homemade chili over spaghetti and spice it up with a little cinnamon. I took it one step further and served it over spaghetti squash from my garden.
Also, I feel so honored to have received three blogging awards recently. It’s always so much fun to be recognized by other wonderful food bloggers.
First, my favorite French blogger and my Twitter buddy, Jamie of Life’s a Feast presented me with a Meme Award. Jamie has a terrific sense of humor and is a wonderful writer. Her recipes are always fabulous and she is the Mac Queen!.
The requirement for this award is to list 7 things about your personality and then pass the award on to 7 other bloggers. It was fun to learn more about Jamie, so here’s a little bit about me:
- I’m a bit of a perfectionist.
- Unlike Jamie, I’m not a procrastinator. I usually arrive early and well prepared. I’m a list maker like my mom.
- I’m an optimist and not too much of a worrier. I always assume things will work out for the best.
- I like to shop. Groceries, clothes, Christmas, most any type of shopping. I once thought that I should do it for a career.
- Breakfast is my favorite meal. I love breakfast foods! It’s a great reason to get up in the morning and start baking!
- I’m a morning person.
- I love to travel even more than baking. I’m always planning at least one trip.
Thanks Jamie for passing the Meme on to me. I am passing the Meme on to the following terrific bloggers:
- Edna of LaDue & Crew
- April of Abby Sweets
- Megan of Megan’s Cookin’
- Cathy of The Tortefeasor
- Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod
- Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking
- Dara of Cookin’ Canuck
The Inspiration Award was given to me by Petite Nyonya who blogs from Singapore. I’m always amazed at how small the internet has made the world and I’m always inspired when I visit her blog. Her blog is filled with delicious, exotic dishes and I always learn something new. Thanks Petite Nyonya – I’m so honored that you find my blog inspirational too!
I am passing this award on to the following inspirational bloggers:
The Neno Award was given to me by the wonderfully sweet Sweet and Savory. Her post about the reasons she loves blogging is wonderful. In addition to eating a healthier diet she says, “Thanks to the kindness and caring of bloggers, I have had a world open to me.”
I couldn’t agree more. I have made so many wonderful friends through blogging. Tweeting in the morning helps me start the day with a smile. I love all the comments, suggestions and advice fellow bloggers leave on my blog. I am a better, more adventurous cook because of blogging.
Neno’s Award—-Rules and Regulations
1. As a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
2. To seek the reasons why we all love blogging.
3. Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
4. Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
5. Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
6. Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
7. Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.
I’m passing the Neno award on to a just few of my wonderful blogging friends who are kind enough to stop by often and leave sweet comments on my blog.
- Katy of Food for a Hungry Soul
- Coleen of Coleen’s Recipes
- Teresa of A Blog About Food
- Shelby of Grumpy’s Honeybunch