Moist and fudgy blondies with a rich caramel flavor, loaded with fun Easter white chocolate M&M’s and macadamia nuts. A fun way to change up a highly rated King Arthur Flour recipe for the Easter holiday.
While I was searching for a cinnamon filling recipe to make for my King Arthur Flour giveaway, I stumbled on their Crazy Blonde Brownies recipe. I decided it would be a perfect recipe for the colorful white chocolate Easter M&M’s I’d snatched up at the store. And if you’re using white chocolate in blondies, macadamia nuts seem like the perfect addition too.
The original Crazy Blonde Brownies recipe included white whole wheat flour, but since I didn’t have any on hand, I used only all-purpose flour. I also reduced the baking powder a little bit for high altitude baking.
My daughter snapped this picture of my adorable kitchen helper. He likes to stand on the stool and “help” grandma bake. I thought it would be good to line the pan with foil, but the blondie batter was too thick to spread in the tin foil, so I ended up not using it.
If you haven’t entered my King Arthur Flour giveaway, be sure and check out the Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffins and enter the giveaway for a chance to win a cookie scoop, a bag of Baker’s Cinnamon Filling, and a coupon for a free bag of flour at the supermarket from King Arthur Flour.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All- Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder*
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 package white chocolate M&M's
- 1 cup diced macadamia nuts
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan and preheat your oven to 350°F. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the brown sugar, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour the butter-sugar mixture into a medium-sized bowl, and allow it to cool to lukewarm. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together, then add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture, stirring to combine. Finally, fold in the M&M's and nuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan, and bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, until they're light brown on the edges and top
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter holiday spent with those you love.