A not-too-sweet, crispy, crunchy almond cookie sandwiched with a rich, creamy chocolate almond spread from Hershey’s.
Today’s recipe is the second one I’ve created using Hershey’s new spreads. It comes in three delicious flavors, chocolate, chocolate hazelnut, and the one I used in this recipe, chocolate almond. Hershey’s is giving away to one lucky Barbara Bakes reader a Hershey’s Spreads package. Details on how you can enter the giveaway are at the bottom of this post.
When I was deciding on a fun way to spread the Chocolate Almond Spread, the Almond Cookie Crisps I posted two years ago came to mind. They’re a thin, crispy, crunchy cookie, and I knew they’d be wonderful with some Hershey’s Chocolate Almond Spread in the middle. Sort of like a thin Milano cookie with sliced almonds. My brother and his family were visiting for the weekend and everyone gave these cookies a thumbs up
I was a little concerned that the chocolate spread would soften the cookies if I put them in a Ziploc bag overnight, but the next morning they were as crispy and tasty as the day they were baked. My husband said they were perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning.
These cookies are quick and easy to make, but if you don’t have time to make the Almond Cookie Crisps, you can buy the cookies at a Chinese bakery, then just dress them up with the spread.
Hershey’s spreads are available in stores now. For more information about their new spreads, visit Hershey’s Spreads online.
Almond Cookie Crisps with a Chocolate Almond Filling
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond slices
- 3 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- Hershey's Chocolate Almond Spread
- Preheat oven 325°. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, on low speed beat egg white, salt, vanilla extract and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolve and mixture is foamy.
- Beat in flour until batter is smooth. Gently fold in almond slices and butter.
- Spread a tablespoon of batter into a 2-inch circle on prepared baking sheets. Use a spatula or knife to flatten and spread out the almonds..
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then cool completely on wire rack.
- When cookies are completely cool, spread the bottom of one cookie with Hershey’s Almond Spread and sandwich with another cookie.
Hershey’s is giving away to one lucky Barbara Bakes reader a Hershey’s Spread package. Package includes three Hershey’s Spread flavors and an assortment of recommended pairings.
Here’s How To Enter the Sweepstakes Giveaway:
If you would like to win a Hershey’s Spreads package, leave a comment on this post before Monday, December 30th at noon, MST.
For extra entries:
- Tweet this giveaway using the hashtag #spreadpossibilites
- Follow Hershey’s on Facebook
- Follow @BarbaraBakes on Twitter
- Follow BarbaraBakes on Facebook
- Follow Barbara Bakes on Pinterest
- Subscribe to Barbara Bakes
Leave a separate comment for each entry. The giveaway is only open to residents of the US. Be sure your email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hershey’s, but all opinions expressed are always my own.
More Hershey’s Spread recipes you might like: