Easter Rocky Road Popcorn loaded with cute, colorful bunny marshmallows, chocolaty mini Robin Eggs, and salty cashew nuts.
My three-year-old grandson comes over almost every Friday with my daughter. He likes to get out a bowl and a whisk and pretend to cook. Last week, after pretending for awhile he said to me, “Grandma, do you have something we could make for reals.”
How could I resist an offer like that? So my little helper and I whipped up this easy-to-make Easter Rocky Road Popcorn.
He loved taste testing the bunny marshmallows, Easter candy and nuts while we were adding them to the popcorn. He also had fun drizzling the colorful candy melts on top.
The bunny marshmallows I bought at Harmons, a local grocery store. They were stocked in the Easter candy section. I’ve also had good luck finding specialty marshmallows at Walmart and Target super stores. You could substitute mini colored or regular marshmallows, but only use 1 cup.
Robin Eggs are one of my and my husband’s favorite Easter candy, but you could substitute any chocolate Easter eggs you prefer.
My daughter isn’t a fan of malted milk balls, but she liked the mini Robin Eggs in this popcorn. In fact, she loved this popcorn so much she took home the recipe and made another batch a few days later.
My aunt stopped by after my daughter left. She brought me an old cookie sheet for my food photography (thanks auntie!). I sent her home with some Easter Rocky Road Popcorn as a thank you. Later she messaged me and told me how much she loved it, and asked for the recipe.
It’s a crave-able, can’t stop eating it popcorn. You need to make it asap. I’m sure you’ll love it too.
We make this popcorn for the Super Bowl too. For our Super Bowl popcorn we substitute the team colors for the team we’re cheering to victory.
Easter Rocky Road Popcorn
- ½ cup popcorn kernels popped*
- 2 cups pastel colored bunny marshmallows
- 1 cup mini Robin Eggs
- 1 cup salted cashew nuts
- 1 ½ cups white candy melts
- ⅓ cup each pink green, yellow candy melts
- Pour the popped corn onto 2 baking sheets lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Remove any unpopped kernels. Mix in marshmallows, Robin Eggs, and nuts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white candy melts on 50% power. Drizzle melted evenly over the popcorn. Using a spatula, toss the popcorn mixture to coat it with melted candy.
- Put colored candy melts in three Ziploc bags, microwave candy melts at 50% power for 1 minute. Knead candy in the bag. Continue to microwave and knead at 30-second intervals until smooth and completely melted.
- Snip off a small corner of the Ziploc bags and drizzle the melted candy on top of the popcorn.
- Let the popcorn rest on the baking sheets until the melted candy is dry.
More Easter desserts you might like: