Today is the launch of a fun new online magazine, Splendidly Homemade. It’s a lifestyle magazine filled with food, entertaining, home décor and craft ideas.
I was honored to be asked to be a contributor to the premiere issue. The winter issue features delicious holiday foods, creative decorating and gift ideas, as well as my Perfect Pie Crust Tutorial and Farmers’ Market Tomato and Zucchini Quiche recipe.
The other contributors to the premiere issue are all talented bloggers as well: Amy from MomAdvice, Holly from iGoBoGo, Tiffany from Eat at Home, Kellie from Nest of Posies, Laura from Real Mom Kitchen, Jessica from Kohler Created, and Ashley from Ashley Pichea.com
I hope you’ll take a few minutes to check it out.
Since my pie tutorial is featured in Splendidly Homemade and Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, I wanted to share some of my favorite pie recipes:
1. Blueberry Apple Mini Pies. I love berry pies and adding apples gives the filling more volume and a nicer texture. Mini pies are such a fun trend. You get a whole pie all to yourself!
2. Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. A rich vanilla bean cheesecake baked in a graham cracker crust, layered with white chocolate mousse and topped with chocolate shavings. Served with a fresh strawberry coulis.
3. Fresh Strawberry Pie. My daughter’s favorite pie. Instead of using junket, you use crushed strawberries in the filing, which gives it a stronger strawberry flavor.
4. Lemon and Berry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes. I love serving mini cheesecakes. Everyone gets their own little cheesecake, it’s easy to serve, and by baking a fruit swirl into the cheesecake, it’s already decorated and ready to eat.
5. Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie. My favorite pie for Thanksgiving. It’s a perfect combination of sweet and tart. A flaky pie crust is topped with a tart cranberry layer, followed by cinnamon apple layer, topped with a sweet crumbly streusel topping. My idea of a perfect pie.
6. Coconut Cream Pie with a Chocolate Crumb Crust. My daughter described this pie as amazing. It’s a rich, creamy pie version an Almond Joy.
So tell me about you. What’s your favorite pie? Feel free to leave me a link.