In Monday’s post, my Super Bowl Recipe Roundup, I mentioned I was doing a Google+ hangout (video) to show how easy it is to make my Easy Pizza Monkey Bread. It’s a cross between pizza and buttery garlic rolls. Warning: it’s hard to stop gobbling up bite after cheesy bite.
This recipe is a family favorite. Once you see how easy these rolls are to make, I think it’s going to be a favorite at your house too.
My hangout was part of the Super Bowl Plus Week of Champions Google+ hangouts happening this week. Check out the other Google+ hangouts (videos) for more delicious Super Bowl recipe ideas.
Easy Pizza Monkey Bread
- 24 Frozen Dinner Rolls thawed but still cold*
- 48 slices of pepperoni
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese cubed in to 48 pieces
- ½ cup Butter melted
- ⅔ cup Parmesan Romano cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in rich puree
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cut rolls in half and flatten each half. Top with one slice of pepperoni and one cube of mozzarella. Wrap the dough around the pepperoni and cheese to completely enclose and form a ball.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roll dough to lightly coat with cheese mixture and place in a bundt pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until almost to the top of the pan (about 45 minutes). Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350°F 30 - 35 minutes. Cover with foil if the top is getting too brown. (You might want to put a sheet pan on the rack under the bundt pan to catch any greasy drips.)
- Remove from oven and invert on to an oven safe serving tray, remove bundt pan. Put the serving tray back in to the oven for about 5 minutes more to crisp up the top and bottom rolls.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- *I like to thaw the rolls in a single layer in a plastic bag overnight in the fridge.
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- In a small saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness. Sauce may be refrigerated for up to 1 week.