Luscious lemon cupcakes topped with lemon cream cheese frosting, sprinkles and a cute gumdrop shamrock.
In “Cupcakes! 12 Months of Happiness” you will find a cupcake for each month that is sure to please children and adults alike. Some of them were inspired from Cupcake Tuesday and some are from the Cupcake Chronicles Newsletter. But all of them are newly designed to make them easy and kid-friendly.
Liz gave me a copy of Cupcakes! to review and cute, easy-to-make shamrock cupcakes are the March cupcake. The adorable bunny and pretty flower cupcakes would also be perfect for spring. I made lemon cupcakes with a lemon cream cheese frosting, but you could use any flavor you liked best.
Lemon Shamrock Cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 tablespoons [lemon juice powder]
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoon [lemon juice powder]
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Combined cake mix and lemon juice powder. Add buttermilk, oil and eggs and mix and bake according to package directions.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the lemon juice powder and powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar if necessary to get a thick spreadable frosting.
Liz also offered to giveaway one copy of Cupcakes! to one lucky Barbara Bakes’ reader. To enter just leave a comment on this post before before Thursday, March 22 at noon, MST, and tell me what is your favorite way to dress up a cupcake.
For extra entries:
Leave a separate comment for each entry. Be sure your email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly and notified by email.