This year for St. Patrick’s Day, make this super easy to make, fun Mint Chocolate Chip Pie. Made with a pre-made Oreo crust and store bought Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.
This pie comes together in a flash but the green color from the mint chocolate chip ice cream makes it the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day.
I originally posted this recipe the first year I was blogging and haven’t shared the post very often because I didn’t love the pictures. So this year, I decided it was time to update the post with some fun new pictures. Below is the original post.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Hopefully, you’re wearing green. (I may or may not have sent my boys to school with no green on last year because I forgot.) And hopefully you have something delicious and green ready for dessert. If not, here’s the perfect recipe for you to whip up at the last minute.
Stop by the grocery store on your way home and buy some Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I love Dryer’s, but buy your favorite, just make sure it’s green. Also pick up one of those pre-made Oreo crusts. If you want to decorate it, also buy some whipping cream, canned or regular.
By the time you get home from the grocery store your ice cream will have softened up a little bit. Dump all the ice cream into a large bowl and stir it until it’s a soft serve consistency and you can easily spread it into the Oreo crust. Pop it into the freezer to firm up while you eat dinner.
Originally I decorated my pie with whipped cream, grated chocolate and green sprinkles. And served it with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Any way you serve it, I’m sure your family will be happy you did. Enjoy!
- 1.5 quarts green Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 premade Oreo cookie crust
- Whipped cream, optional
- Grated chocolate, optional
- Put ice cream in the container on the counter to soften slightly. When softened, put the ice cream into a large mixing bowl and stir it until it’s a soft serve consistency. Spread it evenly in the Oreo crust. Don't over fill the crust; you may not need all the ice cream.
- Put it into the freezer to firm up for at least an hour.
- Remove from pie from the freezer and decorate with whipped cream and grated chocolate if desired.
This post is linked up with the Decidedly Healthy or Horridly Decadent hop