Quiche Lorraine comes together in a snap in the morning using a pre-made pie crust, precooked bacon, shredded cheese and green onions.
When I asked my husband what he wanted for breakfast the next day, he said quiche. Luckily I had everything I needed on hand and didn’t need to make a trip to the store.
I made my pie crust the night before, but feel free to use a store bought crust. I almost always have Costco precooked bacon in the freezer, and I used green onions so I didn’t have to saute onions on the stove. When you use a quiche pan you don’t even have to take the time to make a pretty edge on your pie crust, so my quiche came together in minutes.
Quiche Lorraine is traditionally made with swiss cheese, but I had some Kerrygold Blarney Castle and Dubliner cheese in the fridge that I used instead. Kerrygold sent me coupons to try their cheeses and they added a rich, wonderful flavor to the quiche.
If you haven’t’ made quiche before, give it a try. It really is quick and easy.
Quick Quiche Lorraine
- 1 homemade or store-bought single-crust pie dough
- 6 large eggs well beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon chopped, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large green onions chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese 4 ounces
- Preheat oven to 425º. Press crust into a 9 inch quiche pan, prick crust and bake until light golden, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bacon, green onions, and cheese evenly on top of precooked crust. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
More quick breakfast recipes you might like: