Nearly every day on our recent trip to Australia I had crumpets with Nutella for breakfast. Since we got home I’ve avoided buying Nutella knowing how many calories it had. But when I saw Anne’s recipe for Banana Nutella Muffins, I decided I definitely needed to try it. And I’m so glad I did! (Be sure and visit Anne’s blog to see her gorgeous muffins.)
I decided to make three mini loafs instead of muffins. I also decided to use our favorite Cooking Light banana bread recipe, which has less fat and a lot less sugar than Anne’s recipe. Anne’s recipe called for brown sugar, so I substituted brown sugar for the granulated sugar. The brown sugar complemented the wonderful Nutella swirl.
Not only were these loaves delicious, they were so pretty I immediately starting thinking of people I should give a loaf. I’ll definitely be making this again. If you’re a Nutella lover you’ll definitely love this bread!
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (about 3 small)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon 1/2 batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with baking spray with flour. Add 1/4 cup Nutella in dollops. Swirl a bit then top again with remaining batter. Add another 1/4 cup Nutella in dollops on top. Swirl again.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. (Bake mini loaves for 35 minutes or muffins for 18 minutes.)
Dana2dor left me the Super Duper Chef award on her terrific blog. She lives in Romania and follows my blog. I’m always amazed at the power of the Internet to bring people together. Thanks for the great award! I am going to pass it on to two terrific blogs that I’ve just started following:
Next up homemade crumpets!
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!