If you like a Snickerdoodle cookie, you’re going to love this Snickerdoodle bread. It’s a sweet, buttery quick bread studded with luscious cinnamon chips with a crispy cinnamon sugar topping.
One of the breads that I created for the first National Food Bloggers Bake Sale, part of the Great American Bake Sale, is a scrumptious quick bread recipe, Snickerdoodle Bread. It has the tangy sweetness of a Snickerdoodle cookie with a moist, bet-you-can’t-eat-just-one-slice, interior.
The aroma while this bread is baking will draw everyone to the kitchen. But I’ve added another layer of cinnamony goodness by adding cinnamon to the batter and loading it with luscious cinnamon chips. Cinnamon chips are white chocolate chips flavored with cinnamon. They add a burst of flavor and a nice texture to the bread.
Where Can I Buy Cinnamon Chips
You can order them directly from Hershey’s online. King Arthur Flour carries mini cinnamon chips. If you live in the Salt Lake City area, Gygi usually has the Hershey’s chips and the mini cinnamon chips.
What Can I Substitute for the Cinnamon Chips
If you don’t want to order the cinnamon chips and you can’t find them at your local grocery store, people often substitute butterscotch chips for the cinnamon chips in this recipe. You won’t get the extra burst of cinnamon, but the chips add a nice contrasting texture to the bread.
Since I originally posted the recipe, I tweaked my Snickerdoodle bread recipe a little bit so the loaves rise even better into the classic quick bread dome shape. Now with the addition of one more egg and a bit more flour, your Snickerdoodle bread will look even more irresistible.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (1 pkg. Hershey's)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º Spray the bottom of five mini loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 ¼) with cooking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and 2 cups sugar, until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix to combine. Add flour mixture and mix just until combine. Do not overmix. Coat the cinnamon chips with 2 tablespoons flour and stir into batter.
- Spoon batter into greased pans (Don't fill more than 2/3 full.) Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the batter in the pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into a crack in the center of the loaf comes clean. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Remove from pan and let cool completely before serving.
You can also make this in two 9x5 loaf pans. Bake at 350º for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a crack in the center of the loaf comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.