Juicy, cheesy turkey burger sliders dripping with a creamy avocado spread and fresh tomato bruschetta. These Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders are packed with flavor and perfect for tailgating.
Cache Valley Creamery sent me a cookbook they’d created from their Cache Valley® Signature Recipe Contest which included my recipe, Creamy Cashew Chicken Puffs (Vols-au-Vents), which won 3rd place. It also included the recipe for the delicious burger, Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Zesty Avocado Spread, that won the Grand Prize.
Also included in this post is a Recipe Round Up. I’ve joined a fun group of bloggers to put together a roundup of recipes on the first day of every month. This month we’re sharing Tailgating Recipes.
My daughter bought a slider set at Sur La Table that includes a press and a mini-burger basket that grills nine little burgers at a time. So I changed up the recipe a bit and made cute little sliders using her slider set. If you love sliders and know you’ll be making them often, it’s worth buying a set.
However, you don’t need a slider set to make this recipe. The second time I made the sliders, I just used a biscuit cutter to help me shape the burgers so they were a consistent size.
I also used a digital scale to measure the turkey so my sliders would all be a consistent size. If you don’t have a scale at home, just try and divide the meat equally.
Be sure and oil your bbq grates before putting the burgers on the grill (and even your slider set), so the burgers won’t stick to the grill.
The avocado spread and the bruschetta come together quickly and are what make this burger extra special. Make sure to use flavorful tomatoes and fully ripe avocados.
This Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders is a perfect burger for your next tailgating party and a great way to use the fantastic late summer tomatoes from your garden or local farmers market.
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian Shredded Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 slider rolls
Mix together avocado, mayonnaise, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
Mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together ground turkey, shredded cheese and garlic. Form mixture into twelve small patties. Grill patties until center reads 170° F on an instant read thermometer.
- Brush melted butter onto ciabatta rolls. Grill rolls, buttered side down, until toasted.
- When toasted, spread bottom half of the roll with Avocado Spread. Top with a cooked turkey burger, bruschetta, and finally the top half of the ciabatta roll. Serve immediately.
Etekcity Upgraded Digital Kitchen Food Scale Multifunction Small Scale, Back-lit LCD Display
OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic Press
Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8 x 16-1/2
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MORE MUST TRY TAILGATING RECIPES:
Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Dog Bites
Football Game Day Cookies
Sun-Dried Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Tropical Chicken with Grilled Pineapple
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Sloppy Joe Sliders
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Homemade Soft Pretzels with Mustard Cheese Dip
Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders
Bacon Cheese Ball
Red Potato Salad with Bacon
Easy Pizza Kabobs