This M&M Cookie Dough Brownie Bomb Cake has two brownie layers with chocolate chip cookie dough in the middle. It’s covered in chocolate ganache and topped with mini M&Ms. A deliciously, decadent dessert!
Today I’m sharing a recipe from a fun new cookbook by Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel. Hayley and I are blogging buddies; we both love baking and desserts.
Two in One Desserts is Hayley’s second cookbook. It’s available wherever books are sold, as well as QVC. It’s filled with recipes for sweet treats that combine two or more classic desserts. The publisher sent me two copies of the cookbook. One to review and one to giveaway! Details on how you can win are at the bottom of this post.
After I received the cookbook, I promised my sweet little grandson that we’d make the cake on the cover. When I went to the store to buy the miniature chocolate chips I noticed a bag of M&M baking chips and decided to change it up just a bit and make a M&M Cookie Dough Brownie Bomb Cake instead of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bomb Cake on the cover.
Since you start with a brownie mix, this cake comes together quickly. It was a fun one to make with my grandson. It’s nice that the cookie dough layer doesn’t contain eggs, so it’s safe for little ones to eat.
I didn’t use springform pans since I only had one springform pan. But I didn’t have any trouble getting the brownie layers out of the pan. I just made sure the brownies were baked until they started to pull away from the edges, and loosened the edges before turning them out of the pan.
As you can imagine, this M&M Cookie Dough Brownie Bomb Cake was a big hit with my grandson. The cake is super rich and a thin slice was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. But later, I couldn’t resist taking a fork full or two as I walked by it now and then. It’s kind of irresistible.
M&M Cookie Dough Brownie Bomb Cake
- Cooking spray
- 2 boxes fudge brownie mix plus ingredients on back of packages
FOR COOKIE DOUGH:
- 2 sticks 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
FOR GANACHE & TOPPING:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease two 9" springform pans with cooking spray. Place a parchment circle in the bottom of each pan, and spray that with more cooking spray. Seriously, you cannot use enough cooking spray here! Set aside.
- In two large bowls, prepare each box of brownie mix according to package directions. Pour each bowl of batter into each springform pan. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with clean or moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool completely before releasing the outer rim of the pan.
- Once brownie "cake" layers have cooled, make your cookie dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until combined, about 1 minute. Add in the heavy cream and vanilla, beating well. Lastly, add in the flour and beat until combined. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Place one brownie "cake" layer upside down onto a cake stand or serving plate. Spread the cookie dough in a thick, even layer on the brownie layer. Top with the second brownie layer, right side up.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, add in the 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and the heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH power for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and glossy. Pour the ganache over the top of the cake and let it drip down the sides. Sprinkle with the miniature chocolate chips. Store covered in the fridge for 3 days or at room temperature, covered, for about 1 day.
The Countryman Press is giving away to one lucky Barbara Bakes reader, one copy of Two in One Desserts.
Here’s How To Enter the Sweepstakes Giveaway:
Leave a comment on this post before Thursday, July 6th at noon, MST. The giveaway is only open to residents of the continental US (excluding Hawaii and Alaska.) Be sure your email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Disclosure: I was sent a free copy of Two in One Desserts to review, but all opinions expressed are always my own.
Other brownie recipes you might like: