Really, I made them for the boys. Well, I guess I did skip lunch that day. but wasn’t that a thoughtful thing for me to do! Well, the boys did called up and asked if they could go straight to a friend’s house to play, so they didn’t actually get any hot cookies, but these cookies were great hot and maybe even better cold. I should know, I ate six the first day.
This is another great recipe from Maria’s terrific blog Two Peas and Their Pod. It is a nice blend of sweet and tart. I’ll definitely put these cookies on my list to make again. I added some whole wheat pastry flour to boost the nutrition just a bit. Here’s my version:
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 1/4 c. flour (or 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 1/4 c. oats
- 1 cup Craisins
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugars until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in slowly to wet ingredients. Add your oats, Craisins, and white chocolate.
- Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes! Don’t let them get too done…they are better when they are soft!
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!