These Chocolate Snickers Cookies are an irresistible, rich, chewy chocolate cookie loaded with chocolate chips, peanuts and Snickers Baking Bites. This post originally appeared as a guest post on Javacupcake.
Did you know you Snickers makes little Baking Bites? My daughter was excited to find them at the store and asked me to create a recipe using them. I decided to start with the chocolate cookie dough from my Triple Chocolate S’mores cookies and change them up by adding Snickers Baking Bites and peanuts.
I made the cookies two ways and still can’t decide which way I like them better. First I topped the cookies with the Snickers Baking Bites, and then I wrapped the cookie dough around the Snickers Baking Bite to make a stuffed cookie.
The cookies in the front of the picture are the ones topped with Snickers Baking Bites, the cookies in the back are stuffed with Snickers Baking Bites. I think they look prettier stuffed, but you get more Snickers in every bite when you top them with Snickers. Either way, it’s a great, must-make cookie, especially if you’re a Snickers lover.
Chocolate Snickers Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups flour all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package 8 ounce Snickers Baking Bites
- ½ cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until well blended. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops on to cookie sheets.
- Cut a Snickers Baking Bites into three pieces and press into the top of each scoop.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until edges are set, but still soft in center. Let cookies cool on the cookie tray for five minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.