A rich, chewy orange flavored dough studded with tart dried cranberries with a sweet, creamy white chocolate square hiding inside.
Today’s post is part of a virtual cookie exchange. I’ve teamed up with a talented group of bloggers to bring you a roundup of luscious Christmas cookies. My contribution, these Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Stuffed Cookies, should be on everyone’s cookie list this year. My family loved them!
These cookies are super easy to make. Just use a Size 40 scoop to portion out one tablespoon of cookie dough. Roll the dough in to a ball, then flatten it between the palms of your hands. Top the flatten dough with a white chocolate square and a pinch of cookie dough. Then push the dough up over the sides of the chocolate to hide the chocolate inside the cookie dough.
I used Dove white chocolate Promises which have a creamy white chocolate center, but you could use any white chocolate your prefer.
This is the second year I’ve participated in the virtual cookie exchange. Liz, Hoosier Homemade, put together an ebook with all the Christmas cookies from last year’s exchange, and I am giving away a copy of it to everyone that is subscribed to Barbara Bakes by email and asks for a copy.
And when you’re having cookies, you’re going to want a tall glass of cold milk –
Cookies for Santa’s Milk Drive
Did you know milk is one of the most requested items by food bank, but it’s rarely donated?
This year I’m participating in the Cookies for Santa Milk drive and you can too. To donate online and send milk to your local food bank, just go to the website, type in your zip code, and the donation will be distributed to a food bank in your area.
It’s an easy way to make a difference in your community!
Cranberry White Chocolate Stuffed Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 24 white chocolate Dove promises
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg, orange zest, and vanilla, and beat until well blended. Add flour mixture and mix just until blended. Stir in dried cranberries. Cover dough and chill 30 minutes.
- For each cookie, roll 1 tablespoon dough in to a ball then flatten between your palms. Place 1 white chocolate in the center of the dough. Add a little piece of dough on top of the chocolate and bring the edges up around the chocolate. Shape back into a ball completely covering the chocolate in the middle.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on ungreased, or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until edges are set and golden brown, but the center is still soft. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here’s the links to the other fabulous cookie recipes from some of your favorite bloggers:
- Caramel Filled Chewy Ginger Cookies from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Italian Anisette Cookies from A Family Feast
- Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies from Apron Strings
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies + Pumpkin Spice Kisses from Bless this Mess
- Soft Maple Sugar Cookies from Crumbs and Chaos
- Graham Cracker Log from Hoosier Homemade
- Rugelach Bars from Let’s Dish
- Pepper Jelly Cornmeal Thumbprints from Letty’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies from Love from the Oven
- Linzer Cookies from Mandy’s Recipe Box
- Surprise-inside Christmas Stocking from Munchkin Munchies
- Chocolate M&M Cookies from Oh, Sweet Basil
- White Chocolate Pecan Snowball Cookies from Rose Bakes
- Chocolate Toffee Cranberry Cookies from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Cherry Almond Bars from Your Homebased Mom
- Spiced Eggnog Cookies from Will Cook for Smiles
I would like your free e-book that you offered on your cookie site. I am an e-mail subscriber and enjoy all of your posts. Thank You
New email subscriber! I would love a copy of your e-book. Thanks!
I am a email subscriber and would love to receive a copy of your ebook cookie exchange. Thank you.
I am a subscriber and would love one of the e-cookbooks. Thanks!
I’m an email subscriber and would love a copy of the ebook. Thanks.
I love the recipes and would like to receive an ebook copy of last year’s cookie exchange recipes. Thank you very much. I am an email subscriber
I would love a copy of your ebook! I am an email subscriber. These cookies look amazing!
Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles
Jessica @ Sweet Menu
Stuffed cookies? AMAZING! I love these!