A little four inch chocolate birthday cake perfect for a first birthday celebration.
My grandson had never had cake before, but he couldn’t wait to get his little hands on his little birthday cake. My daughter had to put a little piece of cake in his mouth before he realized it was something to eat. It was so fun to see his eyes light up with that first taste of cake.
We were having 30 people at the party, so we needed a special cake for the adults too. I baked two chocolate cheesecake cakes. I’ll post that recipe on Friday.
Happy Birthday buddy!
Have you entered my pressure cooker giveaway? I’ve started a new site all about pressure cooking. Visit Pressure Cooking Today for a chance to win a 6 quart Cuisinart electric pressure cooker.
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 4" x 2" round cake pan with baking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla in a cup. Add to dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting. (I frosted the cake with cream cheese icing.)