Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer French Fries provide the perfect crunch without the guilt! Parmesan and garlic seasoning give these fries five-star flavor. This recipe is so easy and delicious you’ll want to make it often.
Do you have an air fryer? I recently reviewed a Ninja Foodi, which is a combination pressure cooker and air fryer. Ever since then, I’ve been excited about air frying. I made some air fried bacon recently that was awesome!
So when I learned my friend and fellow blogger, Gina Kleinworth, had a new cookbook, The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two, all about air frying, I couldn’t wait to give some recipes a try. The Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer French Fries was the first recipe I picked. It was marked as one of Gina’s favorites and I can see why!
Why Make Air Fryer French Fries?
Everyone knows that french fries are the epitome of classic comfort food. Whether you made them at home growing up, or you like to grab some at the drive-thru, they are a family favorite.
I love making comfort foods that my family will enjoy, but I also want them to be healthier. The air fryer is a great way to make meals healthy without sacrificing comfort or flavor. By eliminating most of the oil to fry them, you are able to keep calories and fat content low.
Unlike baking french fries, the air fryer provides an all over crisp that is similar to the frying without the extra oil. Plus, I don’t have to heat up the house to bake them in the warmer summer months. As a bonus, they are ideal for small batches. This is especially nice for couples or singles who don’t want to make a large amount.
Tools Needed for This Recipe
- A sharp knife and cutting board (or French Fry Cutter)
- A vegetable peeler
- Paper towels
- Air Fryer
- Tongs or spatula for turning and removing from the fryer
Tips for Air Fryer French Fries
Making homemade french fries is so much better than grabbing frozen fries. I prefer starting with nice large russet potatoes as they hold up best. You can peel the potato if you want or leave the skin on for a few extra nutrients. The bonus is it takes less time that way.
- Wash the potato well with a small brush to remove any excess dirt
- Use a sharp knife, mandolin or potato slicer to get more exact cuts for even cooking
- Pat potatoes dry before you drizzle with oil and seasonings to prevent sogginess
- Place in a single layer in your air fryer basket or stir halfway through for even cooking
- Change up the seasoning by adding paprika, seasoning salt, or onion powder.
- Top with Cheddar cheese immediately after air frying for even more cheesy deliciousness
What dipping sauces are best with Garlic Parmesan French Fries?
Of course, when making french fries, you want something to dip them into! Classic ketchup is always in the pantry, but with these, you may be looking for something a bit more upscale. Below are some great ideas for dipping sauces that will accompany the fries perfectly.
- Classic ketchup
- Ranch Dressing
- Ranchero Ranch Dressing
- Light Alfredo Sauce – store bought sauce or a homemade sauce using half and half to cut calories
What meal do these fries accompany?
You can’t have fries without a great burger! Since we are looking at healthier options by air frying these, a lighter burger is key. My favorite is this recipe for Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders. A close second would be the Chicken Caprese Burger. The garlic parmesan addition to these fries compliments those choices beautifully.
They are also perfect alongside a grilled chicken breast, your favorite steak, or even as an air fryer fish and chips meal.
How do I reheat leftovers?
One good thing about this recipe is that it is a small batch recipe. That means you are unlikely to have leftovers. However, should you make a larger batch, it is no problem reheating them for another meal.
Allow them to cool and then wrap in a paper towel and place in an airtight container or a large Ziploc bag. When you are ready to eat them, just pop them back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes to heat through and crisp back up. It’s just that easy!
In addition to the delicious recipes in the cookbook, Gina’s got great air frying cooking charts that will help you learn how to air fry your favorite frozen foods, as well as fresh meats, fruits, and vegetables.
Give these Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer French Fries a try. I’ve made them three times since I got Gina’s cookbook. They’re an easy side dish that will go perfectly with anything you’re grilling this summer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Try these other easy air fryer recipes next:
- Air Fryer Eggplant Pizzas are a fun and crispy snack or kid-friendly dinner with thick slices of eggplant, tomato sauce, and any of your favorite pizza toppings.
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza pockets with pepperoni, melty mozzarella, and crisp puff pastry is a major upgrade to frozen Hot Pockets.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are perfectly seasoned tender bites of potato that are perfect next to a pile of scrambled eggs and bacon.
- 2 russet potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes into thin wedges or traditional French fry shape, and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Place in the air fryer basket and fry for 20 to 25 minutes (10 - 15 minutes for smaller french fries), until golden and crispy, stirring halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Top with the parsley (if using), and serve warm.
Variation tip: Change these up by adding paprika, seasoning salt, or onion powder. You can also sprinkle these fries with some Cheddar cheese immediately after they are done cooking for added deliciousness.
Slightly adapted from The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two by Gina Kleinworth
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Weston Professional French Fry Cutter and Vegetable Dicer, Stainless Steel
GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer and 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)
Ninja Foodi 1400-Watt Multi Pressure Cooker, Steamer & Air Fryer w/TenderCrisp Technology Pressure & Crisping Lid, 6.5 quart, Black/Gray
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.