Homemade Air Fryer Pizza pockets with pepperoni, melty mozzarella, and crisp puff pastry is a major upgrade to frozen Hot Pockets.
If you (or your kids) love Hot Pockets, this recipe is for you. With an air fryer, puff pastry, and three-ingredient filling, you’re a few minutes away from the crispiest pizza pockets you’ve ever had. Naturally flaky puff pastry plus an air fryer makes crisp, buttery layers you can never get from a microwaved hot pocket.
How to Make Homemade Air Fryer Hot Pockets
This simple four-ingredient air fryer pizza recipe is fun to make, especially if you have little helpers at home. Kids love to fill the puff pastry squares, crimp them closed and of course dig in!
These crisp and flaky snacks take just 15 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
Ingredients for Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
There are only four simple ingredients to make this air fryer recipe.
You will need:
- Puff Pastry Sheets. My preferred brand is Pepperidge Farm. You can find them in the freezer section of most grocery stores. Two come in each box, so you’ll only need one box for this recipe.
- Pepperoni slices, which you can omit for vegetarian air fryer hot-pockets.
- Pizza Sauce. Choose your favorite jarred pizza sauce or make an easy homemade pizza sauce to fill your hot pockets.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, which melts into a gooey, cheesy filling.
Equipment for Air Fryer Pizza Pockets
If you have an air fryer at home, you don’t need any other special tools or appliances to make this easy hot pocket copy-cat recipe.
All you need for this recipe is:
- An air fryer
- A sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the puff pastry sheets into squares.
- A spoon to cover the puff pastry squares in pizza sauce.
- A fork to crimp the edges and seal each puff pastry pocket closed.
Storing Air Fryer Pizza Pockets
You can store the pizza pockets in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days in the fridge. These work great as leftovers, but the pastry won’t stay as crisp. You can always reheat them in the air fryer to crisp them back up.
Serving Air Fryer Pizzas
We love to serve these pizza pockets fresh out of the air fryer when the cheese is still gooey! Serve them with additional pizza sauce or marinara for dipping.
How Long To Cook a Hot Pocket In The Air Fryer
And finally, just in case you have some frozen packaged Hot Pockets and are wondering how long to cook a frozen Hot Pocket in the air fryer, you’ll want to cook them for about 10 minutes and let them cool for 5 minutes before eating.
More Kid-Approved Recipes
If you’re hooked on homemade hot pockets, then why not go all-in on making your favorite snacks from scratch? Here are a few more recipes you’ll love:
- Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer French Fries get the same crisp, crunch as these pizza pockets from an air fryer, plus a dusting of garlic and parmesan cheese on top.
- Bacon-Wrapped, Chicken-Stuffed Jalapeno Bites are a mouthful to say and to eat! A bit spicy, packed with shredded chicken and wrapped in crisp, BBQ-glazed bacon: what more can you ask for?
- Margarita Pizza Bites are bite-sized pizzas in cute phyllo tart shells for a kid-friendly appetizer or an elevated after school snack.
- Easy Egg Rolls from Taste & Tell are the delicious homemade upgrade to your favorite take-out snacks.
- 1 box of two ready-to-bake puff pastry sheets
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 8 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Allow the pastry sheets to thaw on the counter, approximately 10 minutes.
- Spread the pastry sheets out flat on a lighlty floured work surface and cut each sheet into 4 squares, 8 pieces total.
- Spread pizza sauce on 4 of the squares and then top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Place the remaining pastry squares on top of the filling. Use a fork to seal around the edges.*
- Cook in the air fryer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
*If you’re having trouble getting the puff pastry to seal together, dip a fingertip in water and run it between the edges of the pastry sheets to help “glue” them together
You can also bake these in the oven if you don't have an air fryer. They'll take a few minutes longer to cook in the oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer and 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)
Ninja Foodi 1400-Watt Multi Pressure Cooker, Steamer & Air Fryer w/TenderCrisp Technology Pressure & Crisping Lid, 6.5 quart, Black/Gray
Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8 x 16-1/2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 1292mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.