This Easy Mini Pizza Recipe is a perfect back to school snack. When the kids come home after school, they’re usually hungry. This quick and easy mini pizza snack is the perfect way to fuel your kids and keep them satisfied until dinner.
I’ve teamed up with Cache Valley Creamery for today’s recipe. Cache Valley Creamery has been offering delicious cheese and butter for over 75 years to families in Utah and the surrounding areas. These Easy Mini Pizzas are made with wholesome Cache Valley Creamery Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese.
Making Easy Mini Pizzas
The secret to this Easy Mini Pizza recipe is using small street taco flour tortillas as the pizza crust. These cute little tortillas are only about 4-inches wide and crisp up when baked.
You can use your favorite brand of jarred pizza sauce, but I prefer to make my own. I’ve included my Easy-To-Make Pizza Sauce recipe below, but either way works great.
Next you need a great cheese to put on top of the sauce. I love Cache Valley Creamery Cheese and their Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese is perfect for pizza. One eight ounce package is enough cheese to top 12 mini pizzas.
Cache Valley Creamery cheese and butter products are sold at retailers throughout Utah, including Walmart, Smith’s, Macey’s, Fresh Market, and Harmon’s – as well as other independent stores.
I bought mini pepperonis and a little chopped fresh basil to finish off the pizzas, but you can top the mini pizzas any way you like. In fact, I recommend letting the kids help you make their own mini pizza just the way they like them. Kids love helping in the kitchen.
It would be fun to change them up and make Mini Taco Pizzas as well. You could spread them with refried beans or taco meat and top them with some Cache Valley Creamery Four Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese. The possibilities are endless!
I baked these in the oven, but you can use a toaster oven if you’re just making a couple of mini pizzas. You want the crust to be lightly browned and crisp and the cheese to be melted and ooey gooey delicious.
My husband, son and his girlfriend were my taste tasters when I made these and they gave them a thumbs up and said they tasted like regular pizza. I agree that it’s a fun, shortcut way to make a delicious, cheesy pizza!
CACHE VALLEY CREAMERY AND REAL SALT LAKE SOCCER
Cache Valley Creamery has teamed up with Real Salt Lake (RSL), Utah’s Major League Soccer team, for the third year in a row as an Official Sponsor for the 2019 season.
If you’re a soccer fan and you live in the Salt Lake area, be sure to check out Carnival Real before the September 11, 2019 game and stop by the Cache Valley Creamery booth at the Mini Foot-Golf Course (outside Rio Tinto Stadium), where fans can sample delicious Cache Valley Creamery String Cheese and spin the Cache Valley Creamery Cheese Wheel for a chance to win fun prizes.
Fans can also purchase melt-in-your-mouth grilled cheese made with Cache Valley Creamery Naturals Slices at the Royal Grilled Cheese Cart on the Rio Tinto Stadium concourse during regular season home games all season long.
Easy Mini Pizza Recipe
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes in rich puree
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 4- inch flour tortillas
- Pizza topping: Mini pepperoni shredded mozzarella, fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°. Bake pizza sauce.
- Place flour tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet. Place a tablespoon of pizza sauce into the center of each tortilla round. Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce on each tortilla round. Top each pizza with mini pepperoni rounds and fresh basil if using.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the crust edge is browned and crisp.
- HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCEIn a small saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness. Sauce may be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cache Valley Creamery , but all opinions expressed are always my own. You can also find Cache Valley Creamery on Facebook.
More pizza recipes you might like: