It doesn’t get much better than a slice of warm, gooey Cheesy Garlic Bread right out of the oven. This cheesy garlic bread is the perfect side to go with your next dinner or to dip in marinara sauce.
Cheesy Garlic Bread is perfect to serve with your favorite Italian meal or that steak you are grilling. It’s ooey, gooey, rich and buttery, and crisp and crunchy.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
This cheesy garlic bread is ready in just 15 minutes. You can have this quick and easy cheesy garlic bread baked ready for the whole family to enjoy. It makes the perfect side with chicken, beef, seafood or soups.
This cheesy garlic bread recipe is simple, yet packed with flavor. Being made with only 7 ingredients, this easy recipe will taste delicious and fresh, while avoiding complicated instructions. And because of this, it is also a great recipe to have your kids help make.
- French bread: I love starting with store-bought french bread! It makes this recipe SO fast
- Mayonnaise: who knew this was the secret ingredients? Make it extra rich, the mayo melts and actually adds more or an oil element than anything, don’t be scared
- Green onions: so much flavor and nice color
- Garlic: why we are all here! Really smash or chop your garlic into tiny pieces for the best results
- Asiago and Jack Cheese: and you can also use what you like or have on hand, these are great though
- Split french bread loaves into halves
- Mix butter, mayo, green onions and garlic in a bowl and spread over the french bread
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes and then the broiler for 3 minutes.
- Cut into slices and enjoy
Frequently Asked Questions
Apart from the classic combination of garlic bread and pasta, you can make this cheesy garlic bread for lots of meals! Pair it with soups, meat, seafood, poultry, and roasted vegetables.
Yes! Air Fry your bread at 325F for about 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and the toast is heated through. Timing will also depend on how crisp you like your toast.
More great recipes:
- Air Fryer Pizza Pockets
- Julia Child’s French Bread
- Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread
- Russian Braided Bread with Pesto Filling
If you’ve tried this cheesy garlic bread recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 2 large loaves French bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or pureed
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- Split French bread loaves into halves horizontally.
- Mix very soft butter, mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in bowl, blending well. Spread the cut side of bread halves with spread. Top with cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, then place under broiler about 3 minutes longer.
- Cut into slices & serve.
I can’t wait for you to try Cheesy Garlic Bread. It is flavorful, delicious and can be served as a side with so many dishes.