Black Angus Cheesy Garlic Bread is perfect to serve with your favorite Italian meal or that steak you’re grilling. It’s ooey, gooey, rich and buttery, and crisp and crunchy.
I try to make healthy food choices most days, but some days I just want something decadent. We would sometimes go to Black Angus just because we loved their cheesy garlic bread. Unfortunately, they closed all the Black Angus restaurants in Utah.
I served some boring garlic bread at a recent party at my house and knew I could do better. So I did an Internet search for Black Angus cheesy garlic bread and lots of websites had the recipe. Apparently it was given by David R. Ford, Black Angus Executive Chef to The Sacramento Bee, Mar 29, 1995.
It tasted just exactly like I remembered. Crispy, cheesy, flavorful, and fattening. The buttery garlic spread is what really makes this garlic bread great. Sometimes I’ll just use half of it, especially if my loaf of French bread isn’t really large.
Next time you’re looking for a great garlic bread to serve with your meal, give this Black Angus Cheesy Garlic Bread a try.
Black Angus Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 2 large loaves French bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or pureed
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- Split French bread loaves into halves horizontally.
- Mix very soft butter, mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in bowl, blending well. Spread the cut side of bread halves with spread. Top with cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, then place under broiler about 3 minutes longer. Cut into slices & serve.
More recipes you might like:
Lemon Artichoke Pesto Chicken Flatbread, Barbara Bakes
Easy Pizza Monkey Bread, Barbara Bakes
Cheesy Pesto Garlic Bread, Nutmeg Nanny
Caprese Garlic Bread, Your Home Based Home
Super Fluffy Garlic Knots, Fifteen Spatulas