Margherita Pizza Phyllo Bites with the flavors of a margherita pizza in a crispy mini phyllo shell. A fun, easy way to serve pizza for the big game without waiting for the pizza delivery guy.
I’ve teamed up with Athens Foods to create two fun super bowl recipes using Athens Mini Fillo Shells. Both recipes are inspired by popular pizza recipes.
Margheritta pizza is one of my favorite pizzas. I love the simplicity and freshness of it, and it makes me feel like I’m eating better.
Margherita pizza is usually topped with olive oil, garlic, fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil. My Margherita Pizza Phyllo Bites incorporate all those ingredients, but instead of putting them on a typical pizza dough, they’re in a ready to use mini phyllo shell.
Roma tomatoes generally aren’t very juicy, but if yours are really juicy, drain away most of the juice before adding the tomatoes to the other ingredients.
These little bites are perfect to serve at your super bowl party. They’re quick and easy to make, just be sure and make plenty. My husband, son and I devoured all 30 of these for lunch the day I made them.
Margherita Pizza Phyllo Bites
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boxes Athens® Mini Fillo Shells 30 shells
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese ¼" dice
- small handful fresh basil sliced into thin ribbons
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- Fill the Fillo shells with the diced mozzarella. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with prepared tomatoes.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes to soften the tomatoes. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athens Foods, but all opinions expressed are always my own. Visit Athens Foods for more great game day recipes.
More Mini Fill Shell recipes you might like:
No-Bake Pina Colada Cheesecake Bites, Barbara Bakes
Baked Cherry Jalapeno Brie Bites, Barbara Bakes
Mini Apple, Cheddar & Bacon Fillo Snack Tart, Cookin’ Canuck
Buffalo Chicken Bites, A Spicy Perspective