BBQ Chicken Pizza Phyllo Bites are made with the toppings you’d use on a BBQ chicken pizza, but served in a fun, easy to eat, crispy mini phyllo shell.
This is the second Super Bowl appetizer recipe I created for Athens Foods this month using convenient, ready-to-use Athens Mini Fillo Shells. This recipe is a fun twist on the popular BBQ Chicken Pizza.
There’s only 7 ingredients in the recipe, so this appetizer comes together really quickly. Just mix chicken with your favorite barbecue sauce, top it with a little grated cheese, and a little chopped red onion.
I used my grill pan on the stove to cook a chicken breast, but feel free to cook the chicken however you prefer. You could even shredded or dice some rotisserie chicken to make the bites even easier to put together.
Last Saturday, I posted the first pizza bites recipe, Margherita Pizza Phyllo Bites. My husband and I really liked both recipes, but my husband preferred these BBQ Chicken Pizza Phyllo Bites. I however, preferred the Margherita Pizza Phyllo Bites. So I recommend you serve both at your Super Bowl party and make everybody happy.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Phyllo Bites
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 boxes Athens® Mini Fillo Shells 30 shells
- ½ cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- ½ cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl combine barbecue sauce and chicken.
- Add chicken mixture to the Fillo shells. Top chicken with red onion, gouda and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athens Foods, but all opinions expressed are always my own. Visit Athens Foods for more great game day recipes.