Snack boards are a great way to entertain. This Halloween Movie Night Board is easy to put together and a fun way to celebrate Halloween with family or friends.
Do you have a favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus is on the top of this list of the top 100 Halloween movies.
There are so many fun Halloween shows. Growing up my kids watched #13 It’s A Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown every year, and #16 Stranger Things is a binge-worthy Halloween series I enjoyed.
If you’re going to host a movie night, you’re going to want some fun, tasty movie snacks. This Halloween Movie Night Board is the perfect snack board. It has something for everyone, from salty to sweet, classic movie treats, as well as fun Halloween treats.
My Halloween Snack Board was inspired by the Movie Night Board in a new book, Beautiful Boards: 50 Amazing Snack Boards for Any Occasion, by Maegan Brown, The Baker Mama. Maegan and I have been blogging friends for years now and I was so excited to get my hands on her beautiful new cookbook.
In addition to the snack board recipes, the cookbook is filled with ideas and tips on how to create any type of board for any occasion.
My grandsons were coming over to spend some time with grandma and grandpa, so it was the perfect opportunity to create a Halloween Movie Night board that they would enjoy.
I decided to use an enamelware 20×16 inch tray that I had on hand for my movie night board. It was such fun combing through the Halloween candy aisle for fun treats to add to my tray.
I chose candies I knew I would love, Caramel M&M’s in fun Halloween colors and Dove Milk Chocolate Pumpkins; candies I knew my husband would love Reese’s Peanut Butter Bats and Hershey’s Nuggets; as well as candies my grandsons would love like Trolli Sour Worms, Skittles, Starburst, and SweetTart Skulls and Bones.
After the evening was over, it was easy to put away any leftover snacks. I sent my grandsons home with their favorites leftover candies.
If you like to entertain, definitely pick up Maegan’s new book, Beautiful Boards, there are board ideas for breakfasts, snacks, meals, dessert, holidays, and even anytime boards. Such a fun way to entertain.
- 6.7 oz SkinnyPop Original Popcorn Sharing Size
- 5.5 oz Chester's Puffcorn Cheese Puffed Corn Snacks
- 13 oz Brach's Mini Candy Corn
- 12 oz Sweetarts Skull & Bones Halloween Candy
- 10.2 oz Hershey's Nuggets Toffee Almond Share Size Chocolates
- 6 oz package Twizzlers Nibs Cherry Licorice Candy
- 6 oz package Twizzlers Nibs Black Licorice Candy
- 9 oz Skittles Flavor Mash-Ups Wild Berry and Tropical Bite Size Candies
- 8.87 oz Dove Halloween Milk Chocolate Pumpkins
- 8 oz Starburst Minis Original Fruit Chews
- 7.2 oz Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers Gummi Worms
- 10.2 oz M&M's Caramel Ghould Mix
- 10.2 oz Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Bats Halloween Snack Size
- Place the popcorn overflowing out of a popcorn box in the lower-left corner of the tray.
- Place the Puffcorn overflowing out of a Halloween tin on the upper-right corn of the tray.
- Place the candy corn overflowing from a decorative container on the right side of the popcorn.
- Put the Hershey's nuggets and Sweetarts Skull & Bones in a decorative bowls and place them on opposite sides near the edges of the tray.
- Fill in the rest of the tray with the remaining candies.