A rich, delicious little four-inch chocolate cake filled with a luscious, creamy coconut almond cream cheese frosting.
When I made the Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with a Coconut Cream Cheese Filling for my grandson’s birthday, my husband loved the coconut cream cheese filling so much that he said I should make a cake frosted with the filling too.
So for his birthday, I made him this cute little chocolate cake for two with coconut almond cream cheese frosting between the layers and coconut almond cream cheese frosting on the outside of the cake.
I finished his luscious little cake with additional toasted coconut and sliced almonds on the top of the cake.
My husband loved his cake for two. The frosting tastes like a no bake coconut almond cheesecake which pairs perfectly with the chocolate cake.
If you’re not a fan of coconut or cream cheese, hop on over to my Cherry Chocolate Cake for Two post. They’re easy to make cakes that are perfect for those times when you want something sweet but you’re not feeding a crowd.
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted and slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 4" x 2" round cake pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small cup, whisk together water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Coconut Cream Cheese Filling:
- Beat together cream cheese, coconut oil, sour cream, and vanilla until blended, scraping down bowl as needed. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cooled toasted coconut.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally and evenly spread one third of the frosting on the bottom half, carefully stack the top half on top of the frosting.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Decorate with additional sliced almonds and coconut, optional. Refrigerate until ready to serve.