Do you have a recipe you consider the best? My dear friend Becky, Vintage Mixer, posted several of her best recipes lately and I couldn’t resist baking “the best blueberry muffins that you’ll ever sink your teeth into.”
This recipe was given to her by the chef at Communal and it is a big, beautiful muffin that rises over the top of the muffins cups. It’s loaded with 2 cups of blueberries which don’t sink to the bottom of the muffin because of the thick, coffee-cake-like batter.
Our family loves a streusel topping on muffins so I added an easy to make sweet/sandy streusel topping. Muffins without a streusel topping are kind of like cupcakes without frosting. Delicious without it, but irresistible with it.
I think the next time I make these muffins, I’ll use muffin liners so that clean-up is a bit easier and because a muffin this gorgeous really deserves to be all dressed up. I’ll have to find out where Becky bought her beautiful muffin liners.
Tip: When baking something that comes together as quickly as muffins, it’s especially important to have all your ingredients gathered together and ready to go (mis en place). If you have everything assembled, from scratch muffins don’t take much more time than muffins from a box. I like to make the streusel topping first so that it’s ready to sprinkle on and I don’t get lazy and leave it off.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Prepare streusel topping and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Add oil and mix together until full incorporated and you have a sandy texture.
Other best muffin recipes:
How to Make the Best Muffins/One-Bowl Oatmeal Muffins, Simple Bites
Whole Wheat Apple Muffins, Smitten Kitchen
Banana Bread Muffins, Barbara Bakes
If you have a recipe you consider THE BEST. I’d love to hear about it. Thanks Becky for sharing yours!
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!