A rich, fudgy mini brownie topped up with mini chocolate chips, little marshmallow bits, and crushed sliced almonds. A decadent little bite that’s super easy to make.
I have a delicious 4th of July BBQ planned. Every year we grill baby back ribs. To serve along side the ribs, I’m going to whip up a perfect pasta salad and corn and black bean salad. My father-in-law is making homemade ice cream, so I dressed up these little Rocky Road Brownie Bites for the 4th of July to serve with the ice cream.
I’m sharing two recipes featuring the new Kraft Mallow Bits this week. Maria, Two Peas and Their Pod, introduced me to these fun little marshmallow bits when she brought her Mini Rocky Road Cookies to a food blogger party.
The Mallow Bits are much smaller and not soft like miniature marshmallows. They’re a little crunchy like Lucky Charm Marshmallows. My family loved eating these little bits right out of the jar. I bought mine at Super Target.
The first time I made these rocky road brownie bites, I didn’t use paper liners and they were a pain to get out of the pan. They didn’t look very pretty after I dug them out of the pan, so I stuck them in the freezer thinking I’d make a trifle with them later.
Instead I ate them frozen straight from the freezer. They’re fudgy and they don’t freeze solid. So I’d pop one in my mouth every time I walked by the freezer, and apparently I had to walk by the freezer a lot because they were gone before I knew it.
I think you’re going to love this fun, easy dessert too.
- 1 pouch Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- high altitude add
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup Kraft Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, slightly crushed
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line mini muffin pans with paper liners. (The brownies are difficult to remove from the pan without paper liners.)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, oil and egg until well combined. Add brownie mix and flour if using, and stir until well blended. Put 1 tablespoon brownie batter in each of the paper lined muffin cups.
- Combined topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges of the brownies are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of rocky road topping on top of each brownie bite. Lightly press down on toppings so they adhere to the brownie.
- Return to the oven and bake for an addition 5 minutes. Don't overbake, you want them to be fudgy.
More Mallow Bit recipes you might enjoy:
Gooey S’mores Cookies, Kevin and Amanda
Chewy S’mores Bites Recipe, Food Family Finds
Mini S’mores Cookies, Two Peas and Their Pod
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats, Baked by Rachel
Hot Cocoa Cookies With Marshmallow Bits, Love from the Oven
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!