A soft, creamy cinnamon cream cheese candy that requires no cooking. This would be a fun, easy candy to make with kids.
Recently I pinned some adorable little white and yellow cream cheese candies from Erin’s Food Files. It’s a simple recipe that has been blogged about many times. The recipe is even in the recipe booklet that accompanied the cinnamon oil I bought to flavor the mints.
They were a fun, easy way to start off 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats hosted by Brenda, Meal Planning Magic. I’ve been doing 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies for the past three years, but this year they’ve changed it up to include all Christmas Treats. So although it’s early for Christmas, I’m already pinning treat ideas and dreaming up fun new cookies for the holidays.
I like the cinnamon mints with the little swirl, so I decided to make a cinnamon swirl version of these candies. To make the swirl I rolled the dough into ropes and twisted the ropes together. I used the small end of a melon baller to help portion and shape the dough.
- 1 3oz package cream cheese softened
- 3 cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 4 -6 drops of cinnamon oil
- 4 -6 drops red food coloring (I used red gel)
- granulated sugar
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer on low speed until smooth. You want a pie dough consistency. Add cinnamon oil and mix well.
- Divide the dough in half. Add red food coloring to one half to achieve the desired color. Divide each color into thirds. On a powdered sugar coated surface (I used a Silpat) roll one third of the white dough into a rope and one third of the pink dough into a rope. Twist the ropes around each other.
- Shape dough into 1/2 inch balls (I used the small end of a melon baller to portion out the dough) and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on baking sheets, flatten with a fork, and allow to stand 1 hour to harden. Store in airtight containers in refrigerator.
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!