A decadent, rich, cake-like-brownie waffle topped with sweet cherries and whipped cream. The flavors of a black forest cake in a fun to eat waffle.
This summer I’ve team up with DOVE Chocolate to be a brand ambassador to create three unique homemade recipes using DOVE Silky Smooth Chocolates.
One of the fun things about baking with DOVE Promises is that you get to read each promise as you unwrap them. My favorite from the bag of silky smooth dark chocolate I used in this recipe was:
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
Fortunately, the recipe doesn’t use all of the Promises in the bag, so feel free to snack on one or two while you’re unwrapping them.
If you have a brownie craving, this is a quick way to satisfy it. The batter comes together quickly, using the microwave to melt the chocolate. Then after only about four minutes cooking time you’ll be enjoying a delicious, hot brownie.
If you’re not a cherry lover, feel free to top the brownie waffle any way you like. I think a turtle brownie with caramel and nuts may be in my future.
The other two recipes I’m creating for DOVE Chocolate will be posted on the DOVE Chocolate Facebook Page, along with other wonderful recipes developed by the other DOVE summer brand ambassadors. I’ll also post a picture and link on the Barbara Bakes Facebook Page, so be sure and “like” both pages.
- 4 ounces Dove Dark Chocolate Promises, about 14 pieces
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Chop each Dove Chocolate Promise in to four pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl with butter. Microwave just until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring at least every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with electric beaters, beat eggs and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. While the mixer is running, slowly add the melted chocolate and beat to combine. Add vanilla and milk.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Spread the batter on the waffle iron and bake waffles as recommend in your waffle maker until outside is starting to crisp. (I sprayed my waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray before cooking each waffle.)
- To serve: Whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until it forms soft peaks. Top each waffle with a dollop of pie filling and whipped cream.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DOVE Chocolate, but all opinions expressed are always my own.
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!