A moist, rich, delicious lemon blueberry quick bread baked in mini loaf pans; kind of a cross between a blueberry muffin and a blueberry coffee cake.
My family is crazy about my lemon blueberry coffee cake, so I couldn’t resist turning it into a quick bread that’s quicker and easier to make. I baked the lemon blueberry quick bread in mini loaf pans, which reduces the cook time.
In fact, I love the mini loaf pans so much I almost never make quick bread in a large loaf these days. They’re easier to share, or tuck a loaf or two in the freezer for another day.
This bread is load with blueberries. The batter is thick so you don’t need to worry about the blueberries sinking to the bottom.
It has a bright lemon flavor and a crunchy streusel topping with makes it pretty much irresistible.
My daughter makes this lemon blueberry quick bread often and she thought it was time I shared it again with some updated pictures. She serves it with scrambled eggs for breakfast one morning, and then tucks a couple loaves in the freeze for another day. So smart.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray four mini loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/4) with non-stick cooking spray with flour.*
- Prepare streusel topping and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Add butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combine. Stir in blueberries.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. An internal temperature of about 205°.
Prepare Streusel Topping
In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add butter and mix until mixture is crumbly.
*You can use a 9x5-inch loaf pan if you prefer. The cook time will be 45 to 55 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.