A thick, rich milkshake loaded with fresh strawberries and flecks of semi-sweet chocolate. Just like the shakes you get at your favorite ice cream shop only better.
For years my favorite place to go for milkshakes has been the Iceburg Drive-Inn. Their shakes are super thick, above the rim shakes. The kind of shake you have to eat with a spoon.
I always order a strawberry chocolate chip shake. They use fresh strawberry syrup when strawberries are in season, and then they add a squirt of the chocolate they use to make chocolate dipped ice cream cones, a magic shell chocolate. When the chocolate hits the ice cream it becomes hard and after it’s mixed, you have a luscious strawberry chocolate chip shake.
It’s the best of both worlds, you get chocolate and strawberry in one shake.
I’ve been wanting to recreate my favorite shake at home, so I was so excited when Blendtec offered to send me their Twister Jar to try. I bought my Blendtec at Costco and my entire family loves it, but it didn’t come with a Twister Jar. The Twister Jar is specifically designed to blend thick shakes, nut butters, etc. So it’s perfect for making thick shakes at home.
My husband loves caramel cashew shakes, so that’s on my list to try soon. Also, I’m looking forward to whipping up some almond butter and homemade Nutella in my Twister Jar. If you’d like to win a Twister Jar for your Blendtec blender, Blendtec is giving one away to one lucky Barbara Bakes reader. Details on how to enter the giveaway are at the bottom of this post. Good luck!
- 4 large strawberries, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream (approximately 3 scoops)
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a microwave safe dish, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cook on high until shortening is melted and chocolate chips have soften about 15 seconds. Remove and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add strawberries and ice cream to Twister Jar; push ice cream down to blade and place Twister Lid on jar. Hold Twister Lid and with the other hand press "Speed Up", turn Twister Lid counter-clockwise during blending and run until nearly smooth. Press "Pulse" to stop blender. Add melted chocolate. Replace lid and press "Pulse" until chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the shake.
Updated: The giveaway is now closed. Congratulations Emily Hill!
Here’s How To Enter the Sweepstakes Giveaway:
Leave a comment on this post before Monday, August 12th at noon, MST and tell me that you own a Blendtec blender and would like to win the Twister Jar.
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to the Blendtec weekly recipe e-mail
- Follow @BarbaraBakes on Twitter
- Follow Barbara Bakes on Pinterest
- Subscribe to Barbara Bakes
Leave a separate comment for each entry. The giveaway is only open to residents of the US. Be sure your email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.
Disclosure: Blendtec sent me a free Twister Jar to try, but all opinions expressed are always my own.
Don’t miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Barbara Bakes by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!